Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming 15 ec2047ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, sorry if my question in wrong place

i own hp pavilion gaming 15 ec2047ax almost 1 week, there is no problem except when i open facebook and scrolling down it will make my system freeze/hang/stuck, cant recover beside hard shutdown with power button

i already tested with EDGE and CHROME browser and 2 of em have same problem

just for info, my system run perfectly normal beside that problem (heavy gaming, or playing video etc)
any help/suggest? pls, thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Lazka -- owned ...  almost 1 week

Either:

1. take it back to the store that sold it to you, and exchange it

2. contact HP Support, and exercise the one-year HP Warranty, to get it repaired/replaced at HP's expense.

There is no way that you should need to "trouble-shoot" a brand-new automobile, nor computer.

HP Recommended

bcause i though its just minor thing? its not affect any of its system

just 1 website that making its freeze/hang... thats why i ask here for fix/solution

rather waste my time arguing on store/service center

HP Recommended

@Lazka -- i already tested with EDGE and CHROME browser 

The current (January 2020) version of Microsoft Edge is built on top of "Chromium", as is Google Chrome.

So, I am not surprised that these two web-browsers behave the same.

Have you tried using the Firefox web-browser?

I would love to have a crystal ball that predicts whether anything I contemplate doing will be a "waste of time".  Until I try something, and it fails, I just do not know that I have wasted my time.

HP Recommended

ah yea, tried firefox... and weird thing is.. its run normal/perfectly fine

sry if my word kinda harsh... bcause tried contacting HP support and its not helping (heck even lost my data bcause they suggest me to reset PC/reinstall windows)

HP Recommended

@Lazka --  tried firefox... and weird thing is.. its run normal/perfectly fine

Many years ago, one university Professor in the Computing Science Department said "any non-trivial piece of software has at least one bug". So, in your case, if the bug is buried within Chromium, then both Edge and Chrome probably will "inherit" the bug.

Since HP is not the developer of Chromium, I doubt that you will get any useful assistance from HP.

P.S. Open the Windows "Task Manager", and switch to its "Performance" tag, to view the percentage-busy of the CPU, and the amount of RAM being used, before you start any "scrolling". Minimize that window. Start "scrolling". Pause the scrolling, and view the Task Manager window, to see if the CPU & RAM values have increased. Re-minimize, and do some more scrolling. If/when you the web-browser becomes "unresponsive", view the Task Manager window, to see the current values.

Even better, if you have a "dual-screen" setup, keep the Task Manager open on the secondary screen, and scroll the web-browser within the primary screen, and watch both screens, in "real-time".

> heck even lost my data because they suggest me to reset PC/reinstall windows)

*BLEEP* -- that was a terrible recommendation. Sigh.

HP Recommended

the thing is, the task manager showing a normal activity

graph and resource being use is at the normal condition, but then the freeze came when i scrolling

this bug is really weird, idk whats happen to my laptop anymore

u know what to make it worse? they want me to prepare a USB stick for downloading a fresh windows copy from HP cloud and tried another "reset/reinstall"... 

HP Recommended

@Lazka -- they want me to prepare a USB stick for downloading a fresh Windows copy from HP Cloud and tried another "reset/reinstall"

They are consistently giving unreasonable advice, with tragic consequences (loss of all your personal files).

I'll bet that that download from HP will include the 2015 version of Microsoft Edge, as written by Microsoft's programmers, instead of the "January 2020" version, based on the "Chromium" code.  Sigh.

I doubt that the problem is your computer's hardware.

Note that "Chromium" has its own developers, who may accept a "bug-report", and try to replicate your issue. Try to contact them ???

HP Recommended

ok, thanks for ur suggest to focus on "chrome" rather than my laptop/system/hardware

so i found similiar problem like me in google community hub/forum, and the solution is to disable hardware acceleration or continue running background app on chrome setting

hope this will solve my problem...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.