Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP laptop model 15-dy1731ms (new-i’ve only had it 2 months)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

can you please give some more details on the error?

When do you see it and what does it say?

It can happen when a drive has failed that diagnostics is no longer able to see the drive.

Is the notebook still under warranty?

Let me know,

David

Please click on thumbs up fro thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you so much David for helping! This morning i turned on my laptop and it immediately brought me to a black page with white text saying exactly this, every line separated

Hard Disk Error

Please run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.

Hard Disk 1 (3F1)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/tech center/startup

After going on this website i saw some page where it said to turn my laptop off and then turn it back on while repeatedly pressing f2 and running a Hard Drive Quick Check but when i tried it, it said “No hard drive installed. Please check that power and data cables are connected properly.”

HP Recommended

Thank you David! This morning i turned on my computer and it brought me instantly to a black screen with white writing saying exactly this:

Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk 1 (3F1)

F2 System Diagnostics 

For more information please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

So, i went to the website and started searching my problem and i read somewhere when i needed to  turn off my laptop and rhen turn it back on pressing f2 repeatedly until it brings me to a diagnostics page, where i then pressed Hard Drive Check and then Quick Check. After about 15 seconds it said “No Hard Drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly.”

^^^also, if we haven't signed up for warranty, is that still an option?

HP Recommended

I turned on my computer this morning and it brought me straight to a black screen with white writing saying:

Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk 1 (3F1)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

” 

After this i went to that website and read that i had to turn my computer off and back on hitting f2 repeatedly, then run the Hard Drive Check > Quick Check, but when i did that, within the next 15 seconds it said, No hard drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly.

also, we haven’t signed up for warranty, is that still an option? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.