Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1322se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

first please dont answer if you are not from hp official support
i need an old version of the graphic amd driver for my laptop, this new one doesnt work for me, the page of my laptop :
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g6-1300-notebook-pc-series/5186808/mode...

at this page, some 3 years ago, at the graphic amd driver section, there have been 3 drivers not only one like right now, the most old ones its the ones which i need, those new versions doesnt work for me, all that i need form you is to reenable those old drivers at the product page even for a short time so i can download them, my amd is not working now, can you please hp do that for me ?

please dont tell me reinstall, recheck, re-diagonise, i did everything possible and tried hundeerds of methods.

thank you

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm not from HP but here is how you can find every previous AMD driver version that was released.

Here is the ftp site...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

Now you look up the html file of the driver on this site.

So we will start from the current driver listed...sp55025.

Here is the description of the driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55025.html

You will see that the previous driver that sp55025 superseded was sp53847.

So look that one up...You can try the exe file of the driver, and if that one doesn't work either, you can see that this driver superseded an even older one (sp53404).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53847.html

Look up sp53404...which superseded sp52788.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53404.html

So now you know how to do it for yourself and try any of the drivers from that list.

HP Recommended

will try  this, thanks a lot, i hope it helps

HP Recommended

cant download from the ftp server, using both firefox or external download manager, something with hp servers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What file are you trying to download?

I'll try it from my end.

HP Recommended

the 3 of them
sp52788

sp53847

sp53404

HP Recommended

OK...they all downloaded fine for me.

Please stand by as I zip and upload the files to my Skydrive folder and I will share the link with you.

It is taking longer than I thought to upload the files, so I didn't want you to think I disappeared.  😊

HP Recommended

wow thanks a lot, very generous from you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome...about halfway there...

HP Recommended

Finally done...I have zipped and uploaded all 3 of those sp's onto my Skydrive folder, and shared the link to it with you below.

Download, unzip and run the files as needed.  They are labeled by their sp numbers.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ipsUv6

Hopefully, one of them will work for you.

If not, there is a good possibility the AMD GPU has overheated over time, and has become damaged.

It is not an uncommon problem--especially if you use the notebook to play video games.

That prevents the driver from installing, and the only solution is to replace the motherboard, and I wouldn't recommend doing that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.