Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I rebooted my laptop with the partition on F11 button. But that is win10  ver 1709 which is very old. The reason why I did this is because it installed win11. And win11 is not working well with my softwares (CAD etc.) I now need to go back to win10. Windows does not update that version to the latest one as it should and people at microsoft said its probably due the the old inbuilt version of windows in the partition. They suggested that a make a new clean installation with the latest version of win 10. My questions:

is that safe and how can I install the needed drivers from HP since this will erase the Hp partition with the drivers and win 10.

Will I be able to run the computer and install the drivers via HP support assistant after the clean installation?

Sincerely

//Daniel Kron

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, Daniel:

You should be able to update the Windows v1709 to the latest version by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

Ladda ned Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you cannot update to the latest version that way, then you would have to clean install W10 by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the above link.

Is that safe to do?  Yes.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP ZBook 15u G5-arbetsstation Hämta programvara och drivrutiner | HP® kundsupport

You should be able to use the HP support assistant software to help you install the latest drivers.

You can download the latest version of the HPSA from the link below.

HP Support Assistant | HP® Support

HP Recommended

Hi Paul.

Thank you for your answer. It does not seem to work since Win 10 20H2 is trying to install (stops at 61%) at the same time when 21H2 (newest Win10 in the link) try to install. So I guess I have to start via USB and make a clean install. I have made the USB bootable media. Do you think it is neccesary to make a bootable USB recovery of the partition (V1709) as well?, just in case?

I'm sure i will not use it if the clean install will work. But I'm just concerned that the drivers and softwares from HP will not work.

//Daniel

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Daniel.

Your notebook is supported by the HP client recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable recovery drive, so I don't think there would be a reason to create a bootable USB recovery of the partition (if you can even do that).

Cloud Recovery Client:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113001-113500/sp113100.exe 

I have attached the instructions to use the cloud recovery client utility below.

HP Recommended

Hi. Well. In the beginning of the instruction it says you need a 32gb USB. Why it is called cloud is strange though 🤷‍♂️

HP Recommended

I guess because HP thinks cloud must be a fancy word for internet.  😊

HP Recommended

Haha. I guess so. Its actually super strange since you can make a recovery with the software that came with the laptop as well. Hp recovery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.