Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DA0071NT 4XE95EA İ7-7500U 15.6FHD 8GB 256SSD MX130 2GB
Other

I have a 

HP 15-DA0071NT 4XE95EA İ7-7500U 15.6FHD 8GB 256SSD MX130 2GB laptop.

It has a free DOS. I tried to install windows 2010 from ISO file dvd. 

I changed the boot for installation from DVD.

But I can not install the windows . 

It does not install and does not see dvd.

In dos directory, I give 'dir' command and saw the files in computer but I could not see the internal cd /dvd files in the directory.

I am not sure where is the problem?

Any body help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cosmoist,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

2. Insert the recovery media (USB Drive, CD/DVD) and then turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press the Esc (escape) key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

• Notebook

Notebook Startup Menu

4. Press F9 to open Boot Device Options

menu.
  5. Use the up or down arrow key to select the CD/DVD drive or USB drive, and then press Enter.

• Notebook

Notebook boot option menu

NOTE: 

More than one USB Drive or CD/DVD drive selection might be available from the list of bootable devices. If so, select one of the USB Drive CD/DVD options from the list to see if HP Recovery starts. If recovery does not start or a non-system disk error is displayed, restart the computer by pressing the power button, and then repeat these steps to select another USB or CD/DVD drive. When recovery starts, continue using the steps to complete recovery.

If you cannot select the recovery media drive from the Boot Menu, disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Mode in the BIOS. For detailed instructions, see Disabling Secure Boot in Windows 10 for this document.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.