cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
molaka
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

power issues

HP Recommended
N5YO5UA notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought this hp notebook laptop with a cracked screen, i then replaced the screen with a new one.. no battery detected but yet it says my battery is 100% fully charged,,,  the person who sold it to me said that someone sat on it accidentally, causing the crack screen,  i fixed it and runs awesome, my only issue is it has to be plugged in to work,  anybody knows what i should do, please tell me

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,597 27,033 3,123 6,756
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@molaka 

Personally, I advise folks AGAINST buying used laptops -- unless you get a refurbished unit from a reputable supplier -- basically because you never really know what was done to it by the previous owner -- you have to take their word for it.

This model, as far as I can tell, has a removable battery -- so it's unlikely to be a problem of someone cracking the internal battery so it does not function anymore.

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10, as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation