Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc563st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't understand why this laptop is so slow and I get so many "Not responding" messages when trying to load or use a program.  The specs should make it fast, but it never has been.  I've upgraded RAM to 16 GB, wiped and reinstalled a couple of times, and just got through running all diagnostics routines in HP Support.  I hate to spend money to replace this laptop, but I'm tired of not being able to get things done without constantly encountering delays that kill productivity.  I'm retired, so I'm not using massive spreadsheets or putting the laptop under major stress.  Can this laptop be saved?

hp specs.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LarryG276

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LarryG276

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer is functioning properly.

• 1. Click on Download button and install the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

Download

• 2. After Installation, select Start from your PC, and then under All Apps, select HP Help and Support, then HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.
  • 3. The app opens to the main menu. Click computer is slow.
  • 4. From the component test menu, select Processor test and start the test.
  • 5. If the hardware test Passed, it indicates there is no Hardware Failure. In case, the test Failed, it will display an error code.

For more information on HP PC Hardware Diagnostics: Click here >.

For other ways to improve computer performance, select one of the following links:

Click here: Why is My Laptop so Slow and How Can I Fix It?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Echo_Lake, but I've run every diagnostic, pared down my Start list, wiped and rebuilt the hard drive and tried every other suggestion I can find.  The laptop has been thoroughly virus checked.  This has been a persistent issue since purchasing this laptop, and is why I upgraded to 16 GB RAM.  Slow to boot, slow performance overall, frequent "not responding" messages when using various browsers and especially with MS Word and Outlook (Ofc 365).  Fortunately, I'm retired so this is an annoyance rather than a serious problem, but when I was editing course manuals and doing online training, it was far more than an annoyance.  I did just reset Carbonite to only update once daily instead of continuously, so I'll see if that has any impact.   At this point, I'm looking at replacing the laptop because I'm over being aggravated with this one.  

ffx not resp.jpgHP not resp.jpg

HP Recommended

@LarryG276

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer or OS and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions.  I ran the diagnostics again and found no issues, then got another "not responding" message.  I don't think a deeper analysis will realistically result in any significant improvement.    I'll put the money towards a new laptop instead of buying a support plan.  Incidentally, there's a problem with the link in your response.   I will mark "Accept as Solution" and be done with this.  Thanks for your efforts.

HP OOPS.jpgOS Check.jpg

exp no resp.jpg

HP Recommended

@LarryG276

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.