Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 (2Y4B0AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I was wondering if I could get help on a problem I am having. When ever I try to go onto the undervolting section in Omen Gaming Hub its says "The required HP service can not be found" and then it gives me an update option. The update is permanently stuck at 1%. I need to access this option to try fix my overheating issues, because I need to process a lot of 3D scan data for work.

I have tried searching online but nothing seems to help, or the things that can help are not there anymore.

Help would be very appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Follow these steps and see if they work.

• Update the BIOS. 

For notebook PCs, go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS 

• Update the graphics driver. 

• install the Nvidia experiences. 

Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, enter your PC model, then select the driver for your graphics card. 

• Most games allow you to change the graphics settings. Using a lower graphic quality often improves FPS. 

• Close any applications or programs that are not being used. 

• Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Creators Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Also, try to roll back the XTU driver to 6.5 version from Device Manager/Software Components.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Hi, Try these steps to update/install:

1. Execute Windows Update to latest version and all optional updates, then restart.
  2. Open HP Support Assistant, to check if there is any update, and update it.
  3. In OMEN Gaming Hub, click Update if update message shown in each feature page.
  4. Please install this package: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp138501-139000/sp138909.exe, then restart.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.