Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old samsung galaxyGT-P1000 7.1 tablet and I need to transfer my photos from t to my laptop but not having any success with samsung kies It tells me to save it then double click and follow on screen instructions but all that happens is I get a popup progress bar  which stayed like this for hours   I have tried several times without sucess.  I used to have it OK on an old  laptop.

Capture     initialising.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @niloc,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to help you with this issue.

I understand that you want to transfer your photos from your old Tab Galaxy phone to the PC but have not been successful. Are you having a difficulty copying other files to or from the computer?  As this would be an issue with your tablet , it may be better to post your issue in the Samsung forum.  Although you do not have a HP tablet, this link may help.HP Tablets - Working with Files (Android 4.4/KitKat)

Here are some links that I hope will help: Samsung Kies (from Samsung.com)

Import photos (from galaxytabforum.com)

HOW TO TRANSFER FILES FROM THE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB TO YOUR PC  (from dummies.com)

If the issue remains, please contact Samsung for assistance. 

Samsung Support

1800-726-7864

Samsung Contact Us

Best of Luck!

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! 🙂

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @niloc,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to help you with this issue.

I understand that you want to transfer your photos from your old Tab Galaxy phone to the PC but have not been successful. Are you having a difficulty copying other files to or from the computer?  As this would be an issue with your tablet , it may be better to post your issue in the Samsung forum.  Although you do not have a HP tablet, this link may help.HP Tablets - Working with Files (Android 4.4/KitKat)

Here are some links that I hope will help: Samsung Kies (from Samsung.com)

Import photos (from galaxytabforum.com)

HOW TO TRANSFER FILES FROM THE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB TO YOUR PC  (from dummies.com)

If the issue remains, please contact Samsung for assistance. 

Samsung Support

1800-726-7864

Samsung Contact Us

Best of Luck!

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! 🙂

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

many thanks  for taking  the time to respond, I found  others were having this trouble in  microsort communities  and  a link      >http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/kies ,  was  added    which allowed me to  download  Kies,  but then   there was another  problem  and I had to download       a  program  from the web     because  there was an issue  saying     settings>  applications>  usb debugging,      but I could not  find this apps  devel  usb.JPG 

HP Recommended

Hi @niloc,

Thank you for the update.  This is out of my area of expertise and is not supported by HP. As my previous post did not help, it would be best to contact Samsung for assistance. Should you have an issue in the future with a HP product, the community is here to help.  Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have now resolved my  issue   and can    use Kies   many thanks again  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.