Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2013nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, my laptop is brand new (Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2013nq) , and today i installed windows 10 *64 , when i connect to the internet, windows updates starts downloading automatically , suddenly and before the system finishes it's updates, the screen freezes and stops working , all the lights on laptop panels are responsive and everything seems normal from the outside, but the screen is frozen and unresponsive .

i tried rebooting from usb and downloading windows again, but this time with no internet connection so i can prevent windows updates from installing , and i started downloading the system drivers manually from a usb i made ready from another pc .

everything seems fine and all the drivers are installing probably. the moment i connect to the internet the same problem happens again, the screen becomes frozen and unresponsive .

i will appreciate anyone giving me a solution.

thank you in advance .

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I don't know for sure, but I would check your Windows 10 install version, and download the OS updates manually to run off your flashdrive. Since it is a black screen, I'd definitely have the latest video driver on your flash drive also.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

it looks like there is a problem with the graphics card, because ive been getting a blue screen error that says video memory internal management , i talked with HP's representative in my country and after they examined the laptop they sent an email to hp regarding my problem ( which seems to be that the graphics card\ driver is faulty maybe ).

and we are waiting for the reply .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.