Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-ca2020nr
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. Three times I have used HP's Support with the affected laptop. Each time the System Hardware Test (F2 following a start-up after a complete shutdown) was utilized, it passed 100% on every instance. Go figure. And after the last hook-up with HP I was informed that they cannot find my warranty information and even if the laptop was still covered with a warranty that my 'SOFTWARE' was not covered. I've owned this laptop for 2 1/2 years and have experienced problems from day one. Is it possible that the real problem is with the company I purchased it from (Fingerhut - do they buy and sell defective units?). Can anyone please explain this to me and show what resources are available to resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@eanders69 

Sorry, but the sad truth of the matter is that you are stuck.  We here are not allowed to intervene in any way in warranty issues, so we can provide you no assistance.  You have to deal directly with HP on this, and if they will not help, there is simply nothing we here can do as we are not HP personnel but only part-time volunteers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@eanders69

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.