Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please i need the direct link to download drivers for my HP Pavilion g6-1b50us  (bios precisely ). Each time i tried to access the the drivers after inserting my serial number it kept saying ''We were unable to find drivers for your product'' I am using another PC to access the website because my G6 is not coming up,  whenever i turn it on, the caps lock keeps blinking and i was told to make a USB bios recovery to reset the bios.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for your notebook's model series since it is more than 10 years old.

It was not supported for W10, so there never were W10 drivers for it.

This reputable 3rd party website has drivers for your notebook, but since the BIOS update was only written to be run on Windows 7, I do not recommend you update the BIOS when running W10.

HP Pavilion g6-1b50us drivers (driverscollection.com)

Since the file is an exe file, you have to know a way to get the BIOS files out of the exe file in order to recover the BIOS with a USB flash drive.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with that since I don't know how it is done.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Please can i have the download link to Windows 7 drivers?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Can i have the drivers download link for the windows 7 version from HP official website? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP retired support for your notebook.

There are no drivers from HP.

You can use the W7 drivers from that DriverCollection link I posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.