Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15s-fq2045nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi

I am having trouble about my computer. it s new and I am trying to download the drivers from hp web side but my computer doesnt finish the installing process.even if it finishes it says "the driver is not supported on this OS version" do you have any idea about that? tahnk u so much

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lubabe 

You should not be doing driver updates on a new PC, so why are you downloading drivers?

Also, what version of Windows 10 is running?  If you don't know, then enter "winver" (without the quotes) into the search area and read the information from the window.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi , first of all thanks for your replie . I got it without windows. Dos free I guess  that s why. I load windows 10 and it 64bit . Some drivers are working such as wifi but touchpad and sound-microphone etc are not working.

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the info -- and you have my sympathies.

These forums are replete with post after post from folks who bought a FreeDOS PC, intending to install a Windows version on it, only to run into one problem after another.  What was expected to be a simple process of booting from a USB stick has, time and time again, turned into a nightmare from which there is no apparent easy escape.

I know it costs more to buy a PC with Windows already preloaded, but you save immeasurable time and grief by then having a PC that simply works -- without you having to spend endless hours figuring out why it does not.  

So, if this was mine, and I could return it  -- I would -- and replace it with a PC with Windows already loaded.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.