Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15s-eq2053ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't download drivers for new laptop https://support.hp.com/document/c07636951

Because when open support.hp.com, on this new laptop - page returns 403 error.

For both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

I've just installed Windows 10 on it, then using old laptop downloaded WiFi driver and by USB stick installed on new laptop.

So, support.hp.com works OK on old laptop.

And  it seems all other sites except support.hp.com work OK on new laptop.

Only support.hp.com doesn't work on NEW laptop.

I have no idea what could this be. HP has banned one of own products??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@beardedbeer 

Welcome to the HP Community.

The document link you included is the Specifications page.

The issue is perhaps due to a path-to-exact-server issue - not anything to be done on "our" side.

HP is aware that some documents exhibit this type of issue - I'll pass along what you have reported.

Opinion

No, HP is not banning its products.  It doesn't work that way.  There are places on the planet where support for and by HP is limited or restricted by International law or by trade agreements (or lack there of).  HP does not typically just ban a product line that it manufactures and sells through authorized merchants in supported countries.

=======================================================================

Hopefully the product home page will open for you.

The notebook Series Homepage

HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2J4V9AV) 

Path

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15.6-inch-laptop-pc-15-e2000/2100372089/model/2100376551?sku...

Partial Excerpt - Specifications

HP Laptop 15s-eq2053ua Технічні характеристики продукту

Обладнання
Номер продукту
4A7N8EA
Назва продукту
HP Laptop 15s-eq2053ua
Мікропроцесор
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U (максимальна тактова частота 4,0 ГГц, 8 Мб кеш-пам’яті L3, 6 ядер, 12 потоків)
Набір мікросхем
Інтегрована система на кристалі AMD
Пам’ять, стандартна
16 Гб (2 x 8 Гб) пам’яті DDR4-3200 MHz RAM
Відеокарта
  • Відеокарта AMD Radeon™
  • Інтегрований
Жорсткий диск
Твердотілий накопичувач, 512 ГБ (M.2, PCIe® NVMe™)
Оптичний диск
Оптичний привод не входить у комплект постачання
Дисплей
Екран із діагоналлю 39,6 см (15,6 дюйма) і роздільною здатністю FHD
Безпровідне підключення
Комбінований модуль Realtek Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ (1x2) і Bluetooth® 5.2 (з підтримкою гігабітних швидкостей передавання даних)
Слоти розширення
1 багатоформатний пристрій для читання карток пам’яті SD
Зовнішні порти
1 порт SuperSpeed USB Type-C® (швидкість передавання даних 5 Гбіт/с); 2 порти SuperSpeed USB Type-A (швидкість передавання даних 5 Гбіт/с); 1 порт HDMI 1.4b; 1 розумний адаптер змінного струму; 1 комбінований роз’єм для навушників/мікрофона
Мінімальні розміри (Ш × Г × В)
35,85 x 24,2 x 1,79 см
Вага
1,69 кг
Тип джерела живлення
Розумний адаптер живлення змінного струму, 45 Вт
Тип акумулятора
Літій-іонна батарея, 3 елементи живлення, 41 Вт·год
Тривалість роботи від акумулятора за змішаного використання
До 9 годин 30 хвилин
Тривалість роботи від акумулятора за відтворення відео
До 9 годин
Веб-камера
Камера HP TrueVision 720p HD з вбудованими двонаправленими цифровими мікрофонами
Функції аудіо
Два динаміки
Програмне забезпечення
Операційна система
FreeDOS

===========================================================================

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry: mention about "banning" was a sarcasm.

I included link to the product page just instead of writing my product model.

The issue is with accessing support.hp.com page

I CAN access it from OLD laptop, but CAN-NOT by NEW.

In the same wifi network.

by letters: CAN-OLD, CAN-NOT-NEW, SAME WIFI

I want to download drivers. I want auto-detect drivers feature. But I can-not do this, because the new laptop, which needs drives, can not connect.

I have no idea what 403 could be. Why it is only for YOUR HP new laptop??

Not on "your side" - but only your new laptop can not connect, the old laptop works perfectly from the same wifi

HP Recommended

@beardedbeer 

Edits / Updates

I have sent a request for Review by the Moderators.

If there is a personal response to my request, look for it here before an agent uses any other method to contact you.

Reminder to those reading:

This is the English HP Community - please post comments in English.

Thanks for your help.

Original Content

Assuming you can open the device homepage,

When you open Category Software and Drivers

Do not use "auto detect" to open the drivers list - instead select Windows and select the OS version.

Why?  In some new computers, the Windows OS versions are separated into particular version releases - auto-detect" can only find the obvious "Windows 10" part but might then fail at the version level (and fail to open the driver list).

If the issue is due to a path error - or anything related, then "our" side simply means "from outside of HP".

I am in the USA - it is possible things appear to work differently on my systems.

Region Related?  Possibly, though not usually the case...  Ignore it - it is not likely the source of the problem.

What else?

No idea, really.

I might have missed something.

If I have anything else to offer, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Привет, предполагаю, что ты понимаешь русский. У меня такая же проблема после покупки нового ноутбука этого бренда. Тебе удалось решить эту проблему? У меня при покупке уже была установлена виндовс, я думал что проблема в ней, но еще не переустановил систему, чтобы проверить это. 

HP Recommended

Та же история... Пока не смог найти ответа нигде

HP Recommended

Та же проблема то же ноут 2000 серии, сообщите плиз если удастся решить проблему

I'm facing the same problem with hp ec2xxx series laptop. Please let me know if you will find the solution! 🙂

HP Recommended

Чуваки что-то намудрили с безопасностью сервера и виндовьіе машины не пускают на сайт. Если оооочень надо, поставьте виртуалку з любым лінуксом и зайдите оттуда - проверено, работает 🙂 Я так закачал дрова на принтер.

HP Recommended

Any updates on this? I have same issue

HP Recommended

Looks like I've found the solution. Just changed browser interface and content language to EN-US(I'm in Russia FYI), then cleared cache and relaunched browser. Do not used VPN or same stuff. Browser - Firefox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.