Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15t-ed100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

how do I transfer videos from the Video app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phone to a thumb drive using the Link To Windows feature?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

That's a good question.  Too bad I don't have a good answer!  😞

Easiest way for me to do a transfer like that would be to use your USB charging cable.  Connect it to both your phone and a USB port on the PC.  Your phone will show up in the File Explorer app on the PC.  (You may have to check your Notifications on the phone itself - it may ask you what you wish to do (Transfer Files).

I found the videos I've saved on the phone are found in:  <Phone Name>/Internal Storage/DCIM/Camera

Click on the file/video you wish to move, and use Copy and Paste.  (I just "right-click" on the file, then pick "Copy".)  I then go to the thumb drive (again, shown in File Explorer) right-click again on the thumb drive name, then pick "Paste".

You should be able to select multiple files, then go to the "Home" tab in File Explorer, select the "Copy" icon then click on the thumb drive again and now pick the "Paste" icon up on the Home tab.  The files should all arrive quickly on the thumb drive!

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.