Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I had my hp 2000 laptop for about 8 years. I probably used it only 20 times throughout the years. It never gave me any issues. However, recently, it shuts down when I unplug my charger. I have tried everything. I have plugged the charger directly into the wall, I click on F2 and ran the tests on the battery etc, I took out the battery and put it back in after a few minutes, and I disabled the ACPI and enabled it again too. The only thing I haven't done is update the BIOS because on the HP website, it says there are no drivers for my laptop for Windows 10. Apparently HP doesn't provide drivers for laptops sold before August 2013 or something like that. I even checked Device Manager, there is nothing that says "firmware" or anything related to updating bios there. Please let me know if you can help me update BIOS in Windows 10. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mina14 

HP BIOS versions are OS-specific and there are no Win10 BIOS updates for your model PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for replying. What else can I do then to fix my computer? It turns off the second that I unplug my charger. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.