cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

update bios windows 10

HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I had my hp 2000 laptop for about 8 years. I probably used it only 20 times throughout the years. It never gave me any issues. However, recently, it shuts down when I unplug my charger. I have tried everything. I have plugged the charger directly into the wall, I click on F2 and ran the tests on the battery etc, I took out the battery and put it back in after a few minutes, and I disabled the ACPI and enabled it again too. The only thing I haven't done is update the BIOS because on the HP website, it says there are no drivers for my laptop for Windows 10. Apparently HP doesn't provide drivers for laptops sold before August 2013 or something like that. I even checked Device Manager, there is nothing that says "firmware" or anything related to updating bios there. Please let me know if you can help me update BIOS in Windows 10. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
28,410 28,330 2,594 6,220
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mina14 

HP BIOS versions are OS-specific and there are no Win10 BIOS updates for your model PC.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for replying. What else can I do then to fix my computer? It turns off the second that I unplug my charger. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation