Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillon 1214-em
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi every one i'm looking for the update version of the BIOS for an old pc: HP pavillon 1214-em  (intel core duo 2). Where can I find the latest version?

Doing some search o iternet maybe colud be the file sp45138.exe in

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

but I'm not sure is correct and I'm scared to crash the pc forever

Thanks really a lot for the answer

Antonius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Antonius:

Here are the info and exe file links for the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook:

F.21  Info file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Exe file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Antonius:

Here are the info and exe file links for the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook:

F.21  Info file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Exe file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

HP Recommended

Really, REALLLY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I download immediately

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

First of all thanks again for the help. BIOS was updated.

But I have a question. I thought the BIOS update could change the boot choice, adding "from USB", I continue to see "from  floppy disk". Is there any way to have a BIOS that allows the pc booting from USB (there is not item in the list of choices, only CD rom, network and floppy...but I don't have a floppy 🙂 )

thanks in advance!

Antonius

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Back in those days many notebooks could not boot from a USB flash drive and if the BIOS update didn't add support for it, then it can't be done.

The problem with floppy disk drives is the max disk they can take is 1.44 MB, so there isn't too many things you can boot from with one of those.

For example:  You could install Windows 7 form a USB flash drive but definitely not from a floppy disk.

If you only want to boot from small files, then you can just buy a USB floppy drive.

https://www.amazon.it/SODIAL-esterna-pollici-portatile-Windows/dp/B07F2B769N/ref=sr_1_19?__mk_it_IT=...

I have one of those that I use for various purposes on old PC's.

HP Recommended

ok, thanks. understood. So I assume the last available BIOS for dv5-1214em is what you kindly posted 2 messages ago.

Actually  I'm using (and it really works fine, just after changed the hd in a ssd!) the PC with linux-ubuntu. That's why I was searching for the best solution on BIOS regarding the boot from USB (and also there is another annoying problem on the battery, whose displayed percentage is only 30%, even if I leave in chahrge for hours.

Thanks and Regards

Antonius

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As far as I'm aware, that was the most recent update.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with those issues.

For the battery, you may want to recalibrate it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.