Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15da0389tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

windows hello face is not working in my device. I check the biometric driver in device manager but i not found any biometric driver in my device . Tell me why windows hello face not working in my device ? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ajaykumarakki

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The same issue had happened with me also. I bought a HP laptop in jan 2021, I have fixed the issue with Windows 10 reinstallation. But you can restore it if you have old Windows 10 back up.

HP Recommended

I am facing this issue from starring . HP true vision HD camera is in my hp 15 da0389tu .But it not support windows Hello face feature.

HP Recommended

@ajaykumarakki

Thank you for posting back.

Set up facial recognition to sign in to your computer.

NOTE: This feature is only available for HP computers with an infrared (IR) camera. If you do not see the Face Recognition option in Windows Hello, your computer does not have an IR camera.
  1. In Windows, search for and open Sign-in options.

2. On the Accounts window, select Windows Hello Face, and then click Set up.

3. On the Windows Hello welcome screen, click Get started. If a window displays prompting you to verify your identity, type the requested credentials.

4. Look directly at the camera.

NOTE: Make sure no one else is in front of the camera. Facial recognition fails if more than one face is detected.
  5. If you wore glasses while setting up Windows Hello face recognition, select Improve recognition to go through the setup again without them. This helps the software recognize you with or without your glasses.

Clicking on Improve recognition

6. Click Close to complete the process.

Facial recognition is set up, and you can sign in by looking directly at your computer screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.