Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab125ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I use a HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab125ax AMD Carrizo A10 8700P dual graphics system. In the device manager, it has been showing only one graphic card (Radeon R6) while it is supposed to show Radeon R6 (500MB) and Radeon R7 M360 Graphics (2GB). Because of this i have not been able to fully utilise my system's graphic card. 

I know this is an old issue, but when i noticed this a couple of years back I had found mentions on the internet that Carrizo had an issue with Windows 10 which would have been resolved in future versions of windows. I had recently tried: 1. Installing the latest Adrenalin driver from AMD website, which works but has the same issue 2. Clean installing the original driver from HP website - again works but has the same issue.

Just to clarify there is no yellow triangle sign on my device manager, There is only mention of Radeon R6 Graphics driver under graphics drivers. CPU-Z also shows only Radeon R6 with 500MB memory.

Any help is appreciated!! .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pigeonforpeach

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do  hardware test:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I really apologize for the huge delay in my response. I had selected the option to mail me in case of any reply but didn't receive any mails.

I was able to run the extensive test once, it passed all the tests.

I also ran the video memory fast test (in component tests) just to make sure, and it also succeeded. Let me know of further steps.

HP Recommended

@pigeonforpeach

Thanks for keeping us posted

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @krazytoad,

Thanks for your response. I checked the HP support assistant and I do not have any recommeded updates only a couple of optional ones unrelated to this. Also with regards to the windows update, I only have the latest feature update (v2004) pending, otherwise its up to date.

I wanted to reiterate that this is a long-standing issue. Till now I had replaced my hard drive once, went through multiple windows updates (feature and software updates), repaired windows once- for other reasons, but never have I been able to access the complete GPU/dual graphics. But as i mentioned in the description, i pushed it as i read somewhere this issue will be fixed in some future update.

Let me know of what else I can try, thank you.

HP Recommended

@pigeonforpeach

Thanks for keeping.

Since you have already replaced the Hard drive and issue persists, please contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.