Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have run into this issue before with AMD driver not working with the newest Windows 10 update.  I receive an error code 43 in the device manager, the brightness is not adjustable on the screen (staying fully bright is hard to look at for very long), and it destroys my battery life not to mention drastically slowing the computer down.  The solution last time was completely wiping out my computer and starting all over, running the Basic Display Adapter for quite some time. I had lost patience and was unwilling to try installing the AMD drivers again.  This was my final attempt after running BIOS, updating Windows repeatedly (including several crashes), and the HP Support Assistant.  After several months, I chose to try again and downloaded an older version of the AMD driver.  This actually worked for several months.  Now, the computer has run through another update and done the same thing.  I have deleted the drivers and run BIOS, installed new drivers, deleted those and tried older versions to no avail.  I do not want to wipe my computer clean again and have a feeling this will continue to be a problem unless there is a driver/update solution.  Is anyone else running into this?

I have the AMD A10 8700P Radeon R6.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Domjc24

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  

This issue as you know is related to the graphics system. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Restart the computer

Shut down and restart the computer to clear the memory addresses and prepare the computer for further troubleshooting.

Step 2: Update the graphics driver

Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model. For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. Refer to Step 7: Improve system performance.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Echo_Lake.

Unfortunately I have already gone through all of these steps.  The most recent step I have taken was to do a clean install of Windows 10 thereby removing all files and apps.  Once this completed I updated to the most recent version of Windows (20H2) along with all driver updates.  It still shows the code 43 and when choosing to update that driver, states that it already has the most current driver in place.  Also double checked BIOS and it appears I am running most current version.  I am at a loss.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Domjc24

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.