Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv7-6163cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Sir,

I have installed already both drivers of  " Intel hd graphics 3000 and Amd radeon 6700M series " cards.

Do i need to install the driver "AMD / Intel Switchable HD Graphics driver (sp55098.exe) on it ??

Please guide me, because i dont want to stuck between these graphics cards.. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sheri777 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are looking to know the latest driver for Intel and AMD graphics on your computer.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using the HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to update all the drivers on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA to update the drivers. 

HPSA will automatically install the tested drivers on your computer.

Alternately, you can install the driver from Intel or AMD website as well.

However, the drivers when installing directly from Intel or AMD website, might not have been tested by HP on your computer. 

Please refer to the following link to Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs.

Let me know if this helped. 

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen for your help.. 

The problem was Re-balling" the AMD graphics card. so my problem is solved.. 

I installed the driver (AMD / Intel Switchable HD Graphics driver (sp55098.exe) but it was not supported for my system. 

Please can you answer here.. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Turn-ON-Issue/m-p/7343096/Pop_...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.