Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv6-3160sp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can i find the driver to my pc hp pavilion dv6-3160sp to windows 10? ATI  mobility radeon hd 5650?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Doesn't exist man. I've tried everything from the drivers that windows update provides to the beta of catalyst, and nothing. I've managed a bi of sucess using the drivers from hp site for windows 7 and then running them in compatability mode for windows 8 ,then right clicking the cards under device manager and choosing "let me browse for the best driver", and then point it to C:\SWSetup\SP50640\Packages\Drivers\Display- or whatever the sp number is, and then they install with an exlamation mark, but still seem to work minus the HDMI-cant get it to project to my tv:-/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Doesn't exist man. I've tried everything from the drivers that windows update provides to the beta of catalyst, and nothing. I've managed a bi of sucess using the drivers from hp site for windows 7 and then running them in compatability mode for windows 8 ,then right clicking the cards under device manager and choosing "let me browse for the best driver", and then point it to C:\SWSetup\SP50640\Packages\Drivers\Display- or whatever the sp number is, and then they install with an exlamation mark, but still seem to work minus the HDMI-cant get it to project to my tv:-/

HP Recommended

I HAVE DV63000so with two graphic driver>ati mobility readon 5650 and ati mobility 4200...I resolved the issues with amd 5000series by disabled it and then  choose ati 4200 driver...in device manager..browse my pc for driver software..i choose the driver with adate:13.1.2015 and installed it..my notebook works smoothly  and  windows basic display driver is vanished..this is the only way to resolve this issue..all the drivers from amd to 5000series does nt work for win.10

HP Recommended

There is a solution. After I tried several drivers, I found a solution and HDMI is working too!.

Install manually the driver that comes with this package: 13-4 mobility vista/win7/win8. I

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP

• Driver Version: 12.104.0.0000
  • Release Date: 2013-03-28
  • File Size: 135.06M
  • Supported OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows Vista 64bit

My laptop is a dv6-3160US, it has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650.

Don't install ATI Software because it won't work. Just do a manual install. When I did it, I got a blank screen but after reboot It just worked.

Good luck! And may the force be with you hehe.

CORLO

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! :generic:

HP Recommended

Looks like Windows 10 creator update installs another driver. Try this again and it borks the OS by only showing the wallpaper, basic taskbar with only the date and start button, and the start menu. Won't show windows of any kind and won't power off or restart, had to force off and go into safe mode to uninstall video devices.

Guess I just have to go back to Win 7 since MS likes to cancel out working drivers for ones that leave yours GPU with crappy performance.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Corlo ... that older driver installed manually did the trick for me on an Acer Aspire Laptop going from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I have brightness control back again. Very happy 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.