Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-aq160sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am Istiak from Bangaldesh. I am using HP ENVY 15-j139tx. My sister brought new HP ENVY x360 15-aq160sa from UK for me. In new HP ENVY x360 15-aq160sa there is no extra graphics card but in my HP ENVY 15-j139tx there is extra graphics card of NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M.

Now can I remove graphics card from HP ENVY 15-j139tx and add that to HP ENVY x360 15-aq160sa? Is it possible? Or ENVY x360 15-aq160sa supports extra graphics card that I can add? If yes please let me know that model of graphics card that I can add.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You cannot do what you are thinking. In both systems the video "card" is a chip hard soldered to the motherboard. There is no way to transplant one to the other. And no way to add any kind of graphics card to either. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You cannot do what you are thinking. In both systems the video "card" is a chip hard soldered to the motherboard. There is no way to transplant one to the other. And no way to add any kind of graphics card to either. 

HP Recommended
I thought so :). Thanks for your prompt reply. One more time please let me know whether I can add extra 8 or 4GB RAM to my new laptop Envy x360.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.