cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
EdBEff
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Adding 2nd HP display to Windows-11 HP All-in1 system

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 24-k0000i (7RD93AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Attempting to add an HP Z22i IPS Display to my All-in-One PC running Windows 11.  The display is a 'display port'.  Using a Display Port to HDMI converter and an HDMI cable to hook to the computer [HDMI port labelled "output"].  Turning display on I get a "Check video cable" message before the display goes to sleep.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
98,894 37,936 12,844 27,094
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EdBEff 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c06901090

It has

• (1) HP 3-in-1 memory card reader (supports Secure Digital (SD, SDHC, and SDXC))
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gbps data rate)
  • (3) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (5 Gbps data rate)
  • (1) HDMI 1.4/ HDCP 2.2 output port
  • (1) HDMI 2.0 (UHD); HDMI 1.4 (QHD, FHD)/ HDCP 2.2 (UHD); HDCP 1.4 (QHD, FHD) input port
  • (1) Power input port
  • (1) RJ-45/Ethernet port

You can use HDMI out to connect to an external monitor using HDMI direct cable or HDMI to DP / DVI cable. From HDMI (digital to DP (digital) you don't need a converter, you can use direct cable (unless something wrong with the cable which does not go other way).

The specs of the monitor says

• One VGA connector
  • One DVI connector
  • One DisplayPort connector (cable inclusion varies by region)

I don't know what that means and that may cause the problem. But a Direct HDMI (from machine) to DVI (from monitor) should work) and get same result.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EdBEff
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.  I can't use a standard HDMI cable because the port on the display port is physically different; it's beveled on 1 side.  A standard HDMI cable doesn't fit into it.  So I bought the display port to HDMI converter. The display is plugged into the "HDMI Output port" on the desktop.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation