Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 convertible 15-bl0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having the same issue as others have reported--Prime Video doesn't work well when a secondary display is connected.  Regardless of which display is being used for the Amazon window, the secondary display intermittently stops recognizing an input, and sometimes shifts the image--clipping a band at the top and displaying it at the bottom, and similarly clipping left and displaying it at the right, varying widths of bands, and sometimes shaking the image.  The laptop display itself works 100%.

- Both my laptop and display are HDCP compliant.

- Both displays are set to 4k resolution and 60 hz refresh rate.

- HP 27f 4k monitor is new and otherwise working as expected.  I also tried using a new Dell P2721Q with the same results.

- Graphics drivers are up to date: Intel HD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX.

- Current internet speed is 220 Mbps (download) and the test says "Your Internet connection is very fast. Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing, and gaming at the same time."  I am the only user at the moment, so speed is not the issue.

- Issue exists while using Prime Video in either Chrome, Firefox, or Prime Video downloaded app.  Even clicking the Prime Video tab on Amazon's web site triggers the problem, apparently from the preview clip that autoplays?

As I said, I have seen others post the same symptoms, and have not seen anyone post a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Joel_Ness wrote:

... As I said, I have seen others post the same symptoms, and have not seen anyone post a solution.

@Joel_Ness 

Probably NONE of us uses the Prime Video tab on Amazon's.  Please ask Amazon directly,

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I chatted with a few different Amazon reps about the issue, and their answers varied--

- Not an Amazon problem, take it up with Microsoft.

- Hardware problem. (No exact or possible culprit given.)

- Don't know, have a good day.

- Drivers may be out of date.  (They're up to date.)

- Internet speed may be too slow.  (It's not.)

- HDCP problem.  (Laptop, monitor, and Monster Ultra High Speed HDMI cable all compliant.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.