Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-af102nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! i have the following issue! 
my pc specs:
processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz
Drivers: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics , AMD Radeon R5 M330
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2

I have tried several times to download a new driver-graphics for my pc, mainly from the website amd, I tried to download the latest version of Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 and old drivers of caurse ...I used   DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver, after the clean installation when i open my pc..the  whole system is lagging too hard cant do nothing..and it is annoying ...I contacted to amd support I followed all the steps and no solution..and they told me this: 
I suggest you Please check the issue status by updating the drivers from laptop manufacture..

so after all this i was looking to update my drivers from Hp website. i found the driver by the product name AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver..Jan 29, 2016 it is old... i also read that  we cant  update the drivers from the amd site !! they're not provided or support by HP. is that true??  im trying to find a solution .can you help me?? .thnq for your time.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fnatic 

The comment that the AMD drivers will not work properly on your laptop is correct.  With a laptop, you should use ONLY the vide drivers provided by the OEM, in this case, HP -- even if they are older than those available from AMD.

So basically, the solution is to use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and then use HP Support Assistant to download and install the proper drivers for your model laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fnatic 

The comment that the AMD drivers will not work properly on your laptop is correct.  With a laptop, you should use ONLY the vide drivers provided by the OEM, in this case, HP -- even if they are older than those available from AMD.

So basically, the solution is to use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and then use HP Support Assistant to download and install the proper drivers for your model laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

ThnQ for the answer! it really help! but during download of the new drivers from the hp software update..for some reason  my pc was restared..and he took me out with blue screen with some error..i dont remember what ...after that i look at device manage if my drivers was installed correctly...and my drivers is working properly..without problems.....but that blue screen with the messag eit was really weird...do you know why?

questions: why i cant find the amd software after the install..?? dont need?

sorry for my english i hope you will understand

HP Recommended

UPDATE:
the error meesage was
: your pc run into a problem and needs to restart as soon as we are finished collecting some error info!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.