Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My camera has the same problem as described by several other users before: The colour calibration for blue/black colours is way off and makes those appear very purpelish. This colour misrepresentation gets stonger in dimmed light, but also remains present in bright sun light. 

From the previous communication on the same problem I understood that this is not an uncommon complaint, and that no re-calibration option is available yet via HP support.

Anyone with an idea what can be done to avoid drowning in a purple world during web-conferences?

Best wishes, 

ClausCurd

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ClausCurd Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with TrueVision camera color misrepresentation.

To improve the discoloration issue, download and install the firmware update.

NOTE: There is a hardware limitation on the webcam that prevents the firmware from resolving the issue 100%, so a slight discoloration is still seen after the firmware is updated.

FTP Login information:

Drop Box Hostftp.usa.hp.com (15.73.40.56, Failover: 15.73.244.52)

Login: addres66

Password: Itisfix9 ( NOTE: CASE-sensitive)

File Name: WebcamFW.zip

1. Select the WebcamFW.zip file.
  2. Extract the zip file.
  3. Run the WebcamFW.exe file.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Figure 2: Tint before the firmware update.

https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/attachments/495/c06093029.png

Figure 3. Tint after the firmware update.

https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/attachments/217/c06093030.png

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Login information to obtain WebcamFW.zip no longer works.  How can I obtain same file please.

HP Recommended

@hoffd61, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Looks like this requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but just makes me repeat my question,  how to obtain a utility which according to this thread and several others clearly helps what is apparently a pervasive problem.   The utility isn't listed in the product downloads which means I have to jump through hoops to get hold of it?

HP Recommended

@hoffd61

I recommend you contact HP as suggested previously, so they can help get this sorted, as we've reached the end of the line.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.