Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently replaced the screen on my laptop as it had cracked. The new screen didn't work at all. I took it into a shop and they have confirmed that screen is damaged so it has been returned.

They were able to get a faint image on another screen but no backlight.

They think that the backlight fuse is likely blown but this is not something they are able to fix. Any ideas where the fuse is on this laptop?  The motherboard is listed as  829285-601 in the manual.

Any other suggestions?

I definitely removed the battery before I changed the screen.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jo_G

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na has a 33.8 cm (13.3") diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) display. The parts on this Notebook is not customer accessible. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it is a hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post answered your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop is out of warranty. I have taken it apart and replaced other parts. I was wondering about the location of the fuse as I think this has blown when I replaced the screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.