Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
probook 430 g4

I just received my probook 430 g4 Notebook PC (Energy star) and it supposed to have a backlit keyboard.

I've pressed F5 and that dims the screen.

I've looked up the icon for the backlit keyboard and I cannot find that icon on my keyboard.  Does this mean my laptop does not have a backlit keyboard as is advertised?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Function keys on your machine are:

ESC: system information
F1 - Sleep
F2 - Blank
F3 - Backlight Toggle (for backlit keyboard) or Blank
F4 - Display Switching
F5 - Brightness Down
F6 - Brightness Up
F7 - Blank
F8 - Volume Down
F9 - Volume Up
F10 - Mic Mute
F11 - Blank
F12 – NumLock (430/440); Blank (450/470)

But your laptop may NOT have a backlit keyboard because this is an option: Backlit keyboard available as an option (select models only).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My F3 key is blank and does not light up the key board.

This is what's listed on the HP site for the laptop I purchased and there is not an option for changing features:

Keyboard

HP Premium Keyboard, fullsized, backlit, chiclet, spill resistant with numeric keypad

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-probook-430-g4-notebook-pc-%28energy-star%29-y9g...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.