Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a couple days ago, my battery icon that shows my battery level on my laptop went missing. I tried rebooting it to no luck and just stopped worrying about it for a while.  Then I thought I would like to be able to see my battery level before it gets to the critical level again. I don't know what to do. how can I fix this? Running Windows 10 Home (64-bit).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did not take your advice and do a system restore. I googled my problem and got this answer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/battery-icon-missing-in-...

Thanks for you help anyway.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @ConnorBu,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help 🙂

As I understand  you are having an issue with the battery icon is missing from the taskbar on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

There are two ways to get the option back:

Right Click Taskbar and choose ‘Properties’. Then from the ‘Taskbar Properties’ Turn system icon on or off - Make sure Power icon is set to ON.

Next method would be from Control panel - Hardware and Sound - Power options - Under Balanced or recommended - Click on change plan settings - Click on Change Advanced Power settings - Under the big box scroll down to Low battery notification - Make sure both On battery and Plugged in is set to ON.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to assist you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nothing. I went into the control panel and the settings and the power icon was checked to be on. I don't know why it just all of the sudden decided to not display itself because I never messed with anything of those settings.

HP Recommended

Hi @ConnorBu,

Thanks for replying. As I understand it was all working fine and suddenly the battery icon is missing, let's try to perform a system restore to a previous date where it was all working fine. 

Once the system is restored successfully, please disable windows update.

Link to perform a System restore: Click here

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to assist you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did not take your advice and do a system restore. I googled my problem and got this answer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/battery-icon-missing-in-...

Thanks for you help anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi @ConnorBu,

Glad to read you got it working. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to us again. Take care!

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried everything in that last comment and still can't see my battery indication and it is driving me nuts!! PLEASEEE HELP ME!!  Thanks Lucas

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The icon is disabled in settings too.. But it is set on already and still not displayed on taskbar.Screenshot (67).png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.