Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Well, I think it is not overheating. I think there is a graphic card or motherboard or CPU issue. 

HP Recommended

No, I don't think my pc is running hot. There is no way to check. 

I believe that it is a CPU, Motherboard, or GPU problem. 

HP Recommended

Black Screen Error or Black Screen of Death or BSOD referred to as Windows error. It usually appears either before or after the sign-in screen. This Black screen error may occur any time due to various reasons such as:

• Graphic Driver Issue
• Corrupt System Files
• Faulty Display Connection
• Overheating
• Power Supply Issue
• Mistakes while Windows Installation

Below are the steps & methods to fix Black Screen Error in Windows:

When black screen error occurs, the Windows display no error code or message. Hence, it’s more troublesome and difficult to fix black screen errors in Windows.

You must apply the following fixes and steps in the described sequence to fix black screen error in Windows PC:

1. During Installation

A black screen during Windows installation is normal. Sometimes installation can take more than an hour to complete, depending upon the system hardware. However, if the black screen stays for 2 hours or more, there is a higher probability that the installation is stuck.
Force shut down the system by using the power button. Unplug the power cable of PC and remove the laptop battery. Disconnect all non-essential peripheral devices and reboot the system.
The installation may resume and finish. However, if it doesn’t, restart a fresh installation by using the installation media.

2. Check Display Connection
Check the cable connections—both power supply and HDMI/VGA/DisplayPortcable for firm connection. Tighten the loose connectors and check the power light on the display monitor. It usually turns red when the signal is not received and may blink or pulsate in some monitors.

3. Wake up the Display
Restart the Graphics driver with Windows+CTRL+Shift+B Shortcut.
Press ‘Windows+CTRL+Shift+B’ shortcut to wake up the PC/Laptop display. There could be a problem with Windows OS where it might not be able to detect the display. Pressing this shortcut key restarts the graphics driver in Windows.

4. Boot Safe Mode
If PC is ON, force shutdown the system and then turn it on.
As soon as the system begins to boot, hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
Now press the power button again to turn on the system.
After Windows restarts, press and hold the power button again to turn off.
Press the power button once again, and this time, the system enters the Windows Recovery mode (WinRE).
Then,
Go to ‘Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Settings’.
Click ‘Restart’. After the restart, Press F5 key to select and boot into Safe Mode.

HP Recommended

Disconnect the monitor from electrical connection. Keep the monitor button pressed for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then power it on.

If nothing happens, check the instructions below:

Maybe there is an issue with the electrical connection. Try using a different electrical socket. If it is still like that, try changing the cables. If it is still the case, then you may get the computer monitor checked.

HP Recommended

@Imranpmiu I don't have a monitor and I am using a hp pavilion laptop

HP Recommended

I have tried this many times. I have tried all possible ways. I believe there is something bigger that is not working! 

Thanks for the help guys though. I am going to be sending the pc to Sqauretrade because I realized I have a warranty but I am very disappointed because I was not able to figure the problem.

I will keep to date on what the Square trade guys say. 

But, Imagine a regular person doesn't have insurance and this is happening and he cannot buy another pc so what should the customer do. Before this I had Lenovo and it worked for 6 years and still fine but it is outdated. Shouldn't hp look into his problem? I had bought my pc 1 half years. 

Thanks, 

Mo

Have a great day and I will keep you posted on what happens next. 

HP Recommended

I have the same

HP Recommended

Any Update on this issue. Please help

HP Recommended

Black Screen Error or Black Screen of Death or BSOD usually appears either before or after the sign in screen. This Black screen error may occur any time due to various reasons such as:

• Graphic Driver Issue
  • Corrupt System Files
  • Faulty Display Connection
  • Overheating
  • Power Supply Issue
  • Mistakes while Windows Installation

Below are the steps & methods to fix Black Screen Error in Windows:

When black screen error occurs, the Windows display no error code or message. Hence, it’s more troublesome and difficult to fix black screen errors in Windows. You must apply the following fixes and steps in the described sequence to fix black screen error:

1. During Installation

A black screen during Windows installation is normal. Sometimes installation can take more than an hour to complete, depending upon the system hardware. However, if the black screen stays for 2 hours or more, there is a higher probability that the installation is stuck.

Force shut down the system by using the power button. Unplug the power cable of PC and remove the laptop battery. Disconnect all non-essential peripheral devices and reboot the system.

The installation may resume and finish. However, if it doesn’t, restart a fresh installation by using the installation media.

2. Check Display Connection

Check the cable connections—both power supply and HDMI/VGA/DisplayPortcable for firm connection. Tighten the loose connectors and check the power light on the display monitor. It usually turns red when the signal is not received and may blink or pulsate in some monitors.

3. Wake up the Display

Restart the Graphics driver with Windows+CTRL+Shift+B Shortcut.

Press ‘Windows+CTRL+Shift+B’ shortcut to wake up the PC/Laptop display. There could be a problem with Windows OS where it might not be able to detect the display. Pressing this shortcut key restarts the graphics driver in Windows.

4. Boot Safe Mode

• If PC is ON, force shutdown the system and then turn it on.
  • As soon as the system begins to boot, hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
  • Now press the power button again to turn on the system.
  • After Windows restarts, press and hold the power button again to turn off.
  • Press the power button once again, and this time, the system enters the Windows Recovery mode (WinRE).
  • Then, Go to ‘Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Settings’.
  • Click ‘Restart’. After the restart, Press F5 key to select and boot into Safe Mode.
HP Recommended

Sorry for keeping everyone in the blue. I had a lot of work... So the square trade folks fixed my computer by replacing the hard drive. Now it is working and fine. I recommend if you are having this problem you should first try doing everything software-wise and then you should check your hard drive and ur ram. Thanks for everyone's help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.