Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab020tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I know it's not a Gaming Laptop but since 4 or 5 years ago I'm playing video games with my laptop at least 10 hours per day, every day until now.

and the laptop was working very well (Thanks to HP o7).

since few days ago I saw a tiny horizontal black line bottom of my screen.

it was growing day by day (like that snake game when the snake eating the cubes becoming longer and longer slowly) (horizontal, from left side to the end of right side, then went one step upper and then from right side to the end of left side and so on, coming upper and upper)

like a worm eating a leaf.

I made the screen green to be more visible

1.jpg

then I went to BIOS to make sure it's not about the Graphic Card and make sure it's a harware issue

and I saw yes it's still there even in my BIOS screen.

my laptop screen never and ever been damage or scratch by something, I have never throw water, tea or coffee on the screen.

I turned off the laptop to open the screen panel and make sure everything is ok with cable and it's connected to the board correctly. but when I turned off the laptop and opened the screen i saw those lines are still there even when laptop is completely off and with no battery, (even I hold the power button for one minute)

(zoom in and look carefully inside my red mark)

2.jpg

it's make me crazy especially while I'm playing games, so I took a cotton buds (like those things for cleaning ears) and tried to wipe those area on the black lines with a bit pressure, then i saw they are moving around.

then I tried to guide them and force them to get out of the screen by wiping them with pressure to the corners.

didn't work that way and I did just mess them around.

then I turned on the laptop again and now I'm seeing this:

(I put the red and white backgrounds with some "pixel healer Apps" to make those black spots more visible)

1Untitled.jpg

2Untitled.jpg

3Untitled.jpg

4Untitled.jpg

5Untitled.jpg

as you can see it was a straight lines before and was growing longer and longer day by day, but now it's not look like line anymore, now they are like black spots, at least they are not growing anymore and their size is same during last few days.

I have 2 questions:

1) is there any way to fix this problem or not at all? (anyway my laptop is out of warranty)

2) what is the causes of this issue? as I said before I did realy care of laptop, my laptop screen never and ever been damage or scratch by something, I have never throw water, tea or coffee on the screen !!!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again guys

@The_Fossette thanks for your reply

Just want to update you guys about this issue:

I went to some laptop repair shops and explained the issue to them with all those pictures of my screen.

I have been told that is because of the liquid behide the screen, that liquid was leaking from behide to the bottom and then coming up from botton to top in front of screen which appeared like those black lines in my previous pictires of my screen, and day by day like droping water inside a jug the liquid will take all over of my screen from bottom to top, and they said there is no way to repair it and I have to buy new screen.

that was what I have been told, but since that day (my first post) which I explained before, when I opened the screen's panel and I tried to wipe out those lines with pressure and became like those black spots until now the size of those black spots never increased, and I'm not seeing any new black lines.

so I think that day I did stop leaking the liquid from where ever it was leaking (by chance)

and the good news is those black spots are losing their black colors day by day which I think it means they are getting dry day by day.

I will show you in the pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

as you can see if you compare the pictures with those pictures in my first post you will see clearly that they are getting dry.

so since no more liquid is leaking and the size of them is getting smaller day by day instead of growing, I think it's not necessary to buy a new screen for my laptop, I prefer to wait more and see what will happen at the end, If one day I see the liquid is start leaking again then I have to buy a new screen and change the screen.

Best regards.

Arash.

o7

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Arash-Sh,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.  

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again guys

@The_Fossette thanks for your reply

Just want to update you guys about this issue:

I went to some laptop repair shops and explained the issue to them with all those pictures of my screen.

I have been told that is because of the liquid behide the screen, that liquid was leaking from behide to the bottom and then coming up from botton to top in front of screen which appeared like those black lines in my previous pictires of my screen, and day by day like droping water inside a jug the liquid will take all over of my screen from bottom to top, and they said there is no way to repair it and I have to buy new screen.

that was what I have been told, but since that day (my first post) which I explained before, when I opened the screen's panel and I tried to wipe out those lines with pressure and became like those black spots until now the size of those black spots never increased, and I'm not seeing any new black lines.

so I think that day I did stop leaking the liquid from where ever it was leaking (by chance)

and the good news is those black spots are losing their black colors day by day which I think it means they are getting dry day by day.

I will show you in the pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

as you can see if you compare the pictures with those pictures in my first post you will see clearly that they are getting dry.

so since no more liquid is leaking and the size of them is getting smaller day by day instead of growing, I think it's not necessary to buy a new screen for my laptop, I prefer to wait more and see what will happen at the end, If one day I see the liquid is start leaking again then I have to buy a new screen and change the screen.

Best regards.

Arash.

o7

HP Recommended

@Arash-Sh,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To fix this problem make sure that your HDMI port to game on your computer is connected properly, adn look to mae sure that your comeputer doesn't any fried LCD's or OLED's. If your compuer is a LCD or OLED, you can got to this website and follow the directuons from the website. 

The black lines may start glitching before this, but that is fine, because this mist likely means that the HDMI that is hooked onto the computer isn't secured right. After about 10 to 15 mins on the like here [edit] you will see a change, oif all else fails go and see your tech support , ot IT manager.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.