Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

When I wake up my HP Laptop Spectre X360 the screen stays black, while the  Laptop is running. The only option is to force the laptop to hard stop by holding the power button. This is happening only since 4 weeks or so. All drivers are updated. I removed the last windows update without success. The Energy settings is balanced. The hardware trest from HP is ok. Not sure what elsi I  could try. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Windows uses Modern Standby and has two tools to analyze sleep problems that can occur in modern standby.

Sleep ReportA list of possible problems ranked as Errors, Warnings, or Informational
Sleep StudyThe history of sleep going back several days

These report are obtained by using the Administrators command prompt.
Copy and paste the following into the command prompt window for the energy report.

Probably the energy report is all you need.

powercfg /energy
.\energy-report.html

What errors, if any, are shown when you run this report?

BeemerBiker_0-1714124815798.png

Please provide the Product ID or Model name for better assistance.  There are several spectre models and there are Intel drivers that are more recent than some of the HP drivers.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I was able to solve the problem. I opened the device manager in the settings and deleted the existing video driver. Then Windows 11 automatically installed a new driver for the Intel IRIS Xe graphics board. Unfortunately the video driver from the HP website for the HP Spectre x360 is outdated . Fortunately Intel provides a new driver. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.