Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae103ne (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello There,

I bought the Envy Laptop in Dubai while I was working there and it didn't had any issues for almost 3 years. However, I came back to India and few months passed by, I got a blank screen issue.

Whenever I start the laptop, I can see the power is on but screen remains blank. In any case, I visited local HP support center for diagnosis but they refused to check as the laptop was bought outside of India and they don't have service of parts.

I believed that HP laptops shall not have an issue in the first place but even issues are found, we can get that fixed by HP service centers unless I was made aware HP works on country to country basis. That implies that it i buy a laptop in a country, then I have to stay in the same country to use warranty or service facilities.

That's not an international brand, that should be a national brand!

Please correct me if am wrong.

Where should I go now?

What should I do now?

Helpless  if I cannot depend on HP to get this fixed.

Wow!

For your information, I was hoping to buy HP Spectre once this lockdown ends but I have to rethink now because of international issues of service.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sameer07

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow! Wonderful to see your message.

One thing I have learnt about your company, just pass the ball.

Service center says "we cannot accept. Contact customer care"

Customer care says "parts aren't available. Contact HP Community or HP International"

Now HP community says "Contact customer care"

Just pass the ball. No one takes responsibility!

Wonderful 

HP Recommended

@Sameer07

Thank you for posting back. 

Apologize for inconvenience caused, 

As I mentioned earlier we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. And, also Hardware related issues can be fixed only by service center, If its software or driver related issue we can fix those issues here. 

You need to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.