Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 (2018)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi there,

i just want to ask if i getting this right. I just bought my brand new HP Spectre and after first booting i got viewable blue shining pixel on black screen, after reading LCD Panel policy, i better have 2 faulty pixel for my warranty.

So my question is: Is there anything I can do about this? Or I just have to live with faulty display on my brand new notebook? If there so... last time with HP and i was quit satisfied with envy before spectre.. I hope that there is something like "death/damaged on arrivel" thing about premium notebooks..

Thanks.

btw: pic attached.67145992_864364983946068_3308514415933915136_n.jpg
btw2: i tried some 3rd software to "unstuck" pixel, but nothing works for me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bollix0

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bollix0,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

Were there any accidental or physical damages to the screen?

If the issue does not persist in BIOS try updating the BIOS and graphics drivers to the latest version either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP support Assistant. 

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

LCD Replacement Criteria

HP uses the following set of criteria when damaged LCDs are submitted for warranty coverage.

NOTE:

All LCD panel defects should be examined at the highest possible resolution using both the brightest and darkest possible backgrounds, as some sub-pixel failures may not be readily visible under certain conditions.

For dots always on or off:

• 720p, HD, SD, SD+, SVGA, VGA, WSVGA, WXGA, and XGA Panels, <1.05M pixels

• 6 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• Any 2 dots within 25mm of each other that are always on

• Any 2 dots within 15mm of each other that are always off

• HD+, SXGA+ and WXGA+ Panels, <1.6M pixels

• 7 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• FHD, UXGA, and WSXGA+ Panels, <2.1M pixels

• 8 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• WUXGA Panels, >=2.1M pixels

• 9 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

Refer this article to know more information about display issues with the PC. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your reply. 

Yes, problem persists in BIOS too, i got all the updates, all the reinstalls, i even tried recovery USB flash disc reinstall. I know the LCD replacement criterie, but its really **** me off. Even when it happened on your "premium" one laptops.

HP Recommended

@bollix0,

As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion, but as I mentioned they dont want to exchange my product, because of your LCD replacement policy... i got only 1 faulty always on pixel.

HP Recommended

Hi @bollix0

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.