Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The brightness of my screen won't change and is stuck on an annoyingly low brightness. Both the buttons and the actual slider that you can use to change the brightness in settings don't change the brightness.

I tried changing my display adaptors to Windows Basic Display Adaptor (cause Google told me so), but I've 2 display adaptors and only one of them show Windows Basic ,, ,,.

The first display adaptor let's me choose from; *2 versions of AMD Radeon (TM) 535DX or *2 versions of AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340.

The second let's me choose from; *3 versions of AMD Radeon r5 Graphics or *Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor. 

I have no idea which ones should be enabled or not,  as every time I tried to change to a different display adaptor, the installation failed. 

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED. I double clicked on one of the display adaptors, clicked update driver and let windows choose a file itself. Then both display adaptors updated to the ones they should have been!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cathal_Roche

Please try

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81790.exe

or

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85423.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Neither worked unfortunately... Both downloaded and looked to install something, but nothing has changed. 

I feel like it has something to do with my display adapters because a little yellow symbol is popping up in front of both of them. I wish I knew more about this stuff!!

(Also my fan is running super loud I don't know if there's any link)

HP Recommended

SOLVED. I double clicked on one of the display adaptors, clicked update driver and let windows choose a file itself. Then both display adaptors updated to the ones they should have been!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.