Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP G6 2228SE
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

the Brightness and Volume display bar which appear on top left corner of screen on pressing the vol up down or brightness up down key dosent show up anymore.

I went on software download page but was unable to find 'HP quick launch' software for windows 7.

please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this software for the on screen display...

This package provides the HP On-Screen Display Utility for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP On-Screen Display Utility enables the pop-up graphic displays that are shown on the screen when certain characteristics, such as volume or brightness, are changed.

File name: sp55152.exe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this software for the on screen display...

This package provides the HP On-Screen Display Utility for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP On-Screen Display Utility enables the pop-up graphic displays that are shown on the screen when certain characteristics, such as volume or brightness, are changed.

File name: sp55152.exe

HP Recommended

the software works very well... thanks alot..

Just one thing... it does appear different from the one on windows 8,, where it is displayed on top left corner along with numerical visuals

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes it is probably different, but unfortunately it is the only game in town for W7.

BTW...if you want the HP Quick Launch software for W7, here it is...

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

File name: sp56929.exe

HP Recommended

Installed seamlessly... thanks again for the software..

I have one more query regarding the amber colored light on mute key... it dosent glow when i press the mute key...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that isn't working.

Did you install the W7 IDT audio driver from your notebook's support and driver page?

That would be the only suggestion I can offer.

HP Recommended

yaa i did install the drivers but donno why it dosent glow up.

HP Recommended

BANG ONN !! now my volume meters are back up again...the perfect solution THANK A LOTT SIR !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, @ADY1307 .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.