Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp probook 450 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Dear sir/madam,

The keys for brightness are not working but the other keys(volume,.....)are working fine ,so i have a problem with just the brightness keys. I have an hp laptop probook 450 g5 i7,I just did a clean install of windows 10 three days ago.

Could you please help me fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

So the graphics drivers are installed...so the only other item I can think of that you would need is the hotkey software.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

If that doesn't get the Fn keys to change the brightness, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Is the brightness stuck on maximum?

If so, you need to install the applicable graphics driver(s) for your notebook.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

If you see a device listed as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, that means you have to install the graphics driver for it.

If you see two listed, then you need to install both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers.

HP Recommended
Hi paul ,
The brightness isn't stuck on maximum I can change it from the brightness section in windows 10 ,but when I want to use the brightness keyboard keys , they don't work .Also I have Nvidia and intel graphic cards and their drivers are already installed.
HP Recommended

Hi:

So the graphics drivers are installed...so the only other item I can think of that you would need is the hotkey software.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

If that doesn't get the Fn keys to change the brightness, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

HP Recommended
Hi paul,

Thanks for your help, I managed to fix the problem, as you said the hotkey software wasn't installed, I installed it and everything works fine now.
Thanks again
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hello Mr. Paul, Is it working on Core i5-8th gen hp 15-1017tu model?? 

Please, give me a right solution. After giving windows i have lost my all orginal drivers. My laptop is new. I trying my soul and heart to get drive. But, I cann't. Please, give me Intel Graphics driver, Audio high defination driver of my model number.
I will respectfully to you...

Thank you.. 

HP Recommended

I can't fix it either, my laptop is also new

HP Recommended

Thanks! This fixed me right up AND may have also resolved my two-finger scrolling (however it is also possible that the restart fixed that issue since I had recently updated a handful of drivers).

Anyway, thanks again!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.