Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-10-2021 05:17 PM
HP Pavillion, 2 to 3 yrs old.
In built camera HP widevison HD.
Works fine when logged in as Administrator but when logged in as user (even with admin rights) it only works through other apps e.g. zoom/skype, but has stopped taking photos or videos.
"We weren't able to save the photo 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed>" (or F425 VideoCapture etc)
I have reset the camera, checked for driver updates, checked permissions, updated windows, reset the PC. Tried to do clean windows install but don't think it did it as I still seem to have user account and my files.
Thanks for your help...…..
02-13-2021 11:11 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- Have you tried creating a new user account in order to isolate the issue?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
02-13-2021 05:46 PM
Hi, I don't recall making any sweeping changes. I moved some files onto an external drive. Maybe I deleted the camera roll folder. I've tried creating a new one but no change.
Camera was working a few weeks ago.
Still ok on other apps, but won't save anything.
Hope this is the number you need:
Prod ID 1DF76PA#ABG
I made a guest user account and it works fine there.
02-13-2021 05:54 PM
Found the answer! though the wording here is a bit odd
1. type the '%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries' in Explorer Address Bar.
2. Right click on 'Camera Roll' and Select Property
3. Add your 'Camera Roll any folder you want to save the captured photos' folder you want location.
4. Click 'Set Default Save Location'.
02-16-2021 06:44 AM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like user account issue as you confirmed webcam web works fine in newly created user account therefore I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
I am an HP Employee