Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n055tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i need to know that can i change my non touch display to a touch display and if so where can i buy them 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Umarshah,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. I understand that you want to change your non-touchscreen display to a touch screen. As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office for today, I am jumping in to assist you here.

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrading either the operating system or the computer’s hardware as the components that were initially installed with the unit are certified by HP for optimal performance. However, as you are very technically inclined, I would still request you to consult a local technician like Best Buy or Staples before proceeding to upgrade the unit.

This works if your computer is a notebook and runs windows 10 on it.

There is what is called a Neonode AirBar which could be purchased from Amazon or Ebay which actually converts a non-touch display to a touch screen by connecting to a USB port of the computer. Please google it and you could order one from Amazon and check if it works. If it does not you could always return the product within the return window given by Amazon.

Features of the Airbar

• Plug and Touch: Simply attach the AirBar with the included magnets to the bottom of your screen and plug in the USB cord
  • Compatibility: AirBar works with most notebooks running Windows 10 with 15.6 inches screen size
  • Touch Using Any Object: Touch with a finger, glove, paintbrush, stylus and more
  • Designed for Windows 10 laptops
  • Gestures: Tap, swipe, pinch, zoom and rotate
  • Add touchscreen capabilities

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Umarshah

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you want to replace a non-touch screen LCD with a touchscreen,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you made necessary changes to the motherboard as well, so that it can recognize the touch?

Did you know that you will need to buy additional parts such the digitizer to make a touchscreen work?

While you respond to that, here's something you should know:

HP doesn't recommend making such changes on your own or otherwise as the same may lead to other issues with drivers and so on...

To change any hardware within the computer, we recommend you Contact HP rather than the local store,

That said, the hardware changes would void the warranty from HP, if you wish to proceed anyway it would be so at your own discretion.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Could you say me what do i need to buy to make the changes in the motherboard and other thing. And approximately hhow much would go
HP Recommended

Hi @Umarshah,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. I understand that you want to change your non-touchscreen display to a touch screen. As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office for today, I am jumping in to assist you here.

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrading either the operating system or the computer’s hardware as the components that were initially installed with the unit are certified by HP for optimal performance. However, as you are very technically inclined, I would still request you to consult a local technician like Best Buy or Staples before proceeding to upgrade the unit.

This works if your computer is a notebook and runs windows 10 on it.

There is what is called a Neonode AirBar which could be purchased from Amazon or Ebay which actually converts a non-touch display to a touch screen by connecting to a USB port of the computer. Please google it and you could order one from Amazon and check if it works. If it does not you could always return the product within the return window given by Amazon.

Features of the Airbar

• Plug and Touch: Simply attach the AirBar with the included magnets to the bottom of your screen and plug in the USB cord
  • Compatibility: AirBar works with most notebooks running Windows 10 with 15.6 inches screen size
  • Touch Using Any Object: Touch with a finger, glove, paintbrush, stylus and more
  • Designed for Windows 10 laptops
  • Gestures: Tap, swipe, pinch, zoom and rotate
  • Add touchscreen capabilities

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.