Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 m3-u003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keyboard arrow keys are controlling the cursor despite me toggling this feature "off" in control panel. I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jsaker Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to disable arrow keys controlling the cursor.

Prevent Cursor from Moving when Pressing Direction Keys Windows 10

1. Press Windows + R, type “Mouse keys” in the dialogue box and open the setting of 'Turn Mouse keys on or off'.
  2. Now, uncheck the option of Control your mouse with a keypad. Save changes and exit. ...
  3. Restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000542.htm

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.