Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 17z-ar000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get the brightness key to work on my keyboard and I see no option for setting the brightness anywhere. I have tried uninstalling the device and removing the drivers and then do a refresh. The same thing happens. I have tried downloading the software from HP support sight and that did not help (even tried removing the Display from  devices and then installing it).

One time after uninstalling the display and driver, I went ahead and removed the C:\AMD directory followed by running ccleaner to remove left over registry entries. Then re-installing the driver. That did not work either.

No matter what I try doing, I cannot seem to be able to control-the brightness anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Resolved the issue on my own an by more searches. Found out that the problem was not with the Display Adapters, but it was under Monitors. I had to remove and uninstall the drivers for "PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard)". I then went to Action / Scan for harware changes and the Device came back with "Generic PnP Monitor". After that, I was able to change the brightness on my laptop monitor. Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Resolved the issue on my own an by more searches. Found out that the problem was not with the Display Adapters, but it was under Monitors. I had to remove and uninstall the drivers for "PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard)". I then went to Action / Scan for harware changes and the Device came back with "Generic PnP Monitor". After that, I was able to change the brightness on my laptop monitor. Hope this helps someone else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.