Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new envy laptop will not allow me to change resolution display (ghosted out) in setup. The writing on screen is small and hard to read at 1920 resolution. Any ideas of the problem.

I make my fonts larger but that is not helping on screen display.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Jerral, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try these steps -

Search for and open Display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings. In the Display adapter properties, click Display adapter properties.

Click on the Monitor tab to adjust the Screen Refresh Rate from the drop-down menu. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the driver - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

I understand you want to know if there is a screen calibration that can make your screen look better than the other monitor's you have,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number for your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

About the other 3 computers, are they similar models or different ones?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Jerral, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try these steps -

Search for and open Display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings. In the Display adapter properties, click Display adapter properties.

Click on the Monitor tab to adjust the Screen Refresh Rate from the drop-down menu. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the driver - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

I understand you want to know if there is a screen calibration that can make your screen look better than the other monitor's you have,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number for your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

About the other 3 computers, are they similar models or different ones?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Somehow my graphics driver was corrupted. Redownloaded and working  correctly. Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.