Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Graphics problem? I ve got this laptop about a week ago and I successfully installed Windows 10 and all drivers. For two days I am trying to play a game until my office package come home. But every game I installed are not starting. I installed about 6 games that were realeased in years 2009 to 2011. (They dont require high end PCs) After I realised theres something wrong with this pc, I installed some old games to check if they work on this. But they werent working. Instead I got different different messages. I'll show some. 

problems.jpg

Suprisingly only one worked. Its Starsky Hutch. But its systemrequirements are..        Pentium III 500MHz, 128MB RAM, 32MB graphic card :manfrustrated: COME ON THIS IS A CORE i3 7TH GEN Laptop :Crying:

Heres my Intel HD 620 graphic driver (Just to ensure that its installed)

intel graphics.jpg

Heres Direct X system information

directx.jpg

directx 1.jpg

And finally Intel HD 620 driver details

driver details 1.jpg

Please suggest me what to do. Thanks!

My product is HP Notebook - 15-ay101tu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@seth123,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unexpected errors while trying to play games on PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The only reason you have errors is because of the operating system.

The games, as you mentioned are old games which are not supported by the Windows 10 unless and until you run them in a compatibility mode.

Try the steps from the below link and to run the games under compatibility mode and check if that Resolv_S the issue.

http://hp.care/2e1A97e

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@seth123,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unexpected errors while trying to play games on PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The only reason you have errors is because of the operating system.

The games, as you mentioned are old games which are not supported by the Windows 10 unless and until you run them in a compatibility mode.

Try the steps from the below link and to run the games under compatibility mode and check if that Resolv_S the issue.

http://hp.care/2e1A97e

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Yes! I tried new games and they work  fine. Thank you for replying :OpenSmile:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.