Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP X24C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions:

1. I bought a monitor (HP X24C) which has a 144 Hz refresh rate, that I use with my Omen laptop which has a 144 Hz refresh rate as well. I can't change the refresh rate of my monitor from 60 Hz to 144 Hz in the settings. When I try to do so the system tells me that the settings are not valid and that I should try with another combination. I mean, the monitor has the 144 Hz refresh rate and I cannot even use it? By the way, on the Quick setup guide of the monitor there is written that the optimum resolution is 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. I searched on Hp Store and I'm sure that this monitor has 144 Hz refresh rate. How can I do?

2. When I watch a video on Youtube , when I go to full screen, the video doesn't play on the monitor (when you are out of full screen, the video plays) and you can see only a frame. However this doesn't happen on the Laptop. This happens also with Netflix, where the movie doesn't play on the monitor. The most strange thing is that if I play a video which has a 1440p or upper resolution, it plays on the monitor on full screen as on the Laptop. The monitor hasn't any problem because I'm able to do every other activity. 

Please help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@elask22, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try these steps -

Search for and open Display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings. In the Display adapter properties, click Display adapter properties.

Click on the Monitor tab to adjust the Screen Refresh Rate from the drop-down menu. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the driver - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.