Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E190i 18.9-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

Connecting monitor to notebook via Display Port and USB 2.0 cables and get check video cable message. Have rebooted both devices but still not working. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ian07 

This is an old monitor/display. How do you connect your USB cable ? Please check the Display port cable first. Can you use DVI or VGA cable to connect ? What is your computer ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I have an HP Pavilion laptop 14. I’m connecting a USB cable to the upstream connection on the monitor.  I’ve also tried a VGA cable but get the same problem. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Is there any further guidance that could be provided following my last message? Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.