Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This might seem repetitive, but it's a problem regardless; I've noticed my laptop tends to play videos fine, except they stop for a second and then keep going, this is nothing major, but still, it's quite uncomfortable.

I've tried nearly everything, and I still can't seem to find a fix to this. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Oscar_178 

(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

--->>> Perform < ALL > tests

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

View solution in original post

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Oscar_178 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your current system configuration.

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>

- Expand <Display adapters>

- Expand <Network adapters>

- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>

--->>> Send screenshot

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hey there Ub6424, here are the things you asked for:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19044 Compilation number 19044

System model: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx

System SKU: 3VT93UA#ABA

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 physical cores, 8 logic cores

Bios version/date: Insyde F.28, 7/20/2022

Here is my device manager screenshot, sorry it's in Spanish though.

Oscar_178_0-1665680647106.png

Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

Hello @Oscar_178 

As workaround connect your computer to the LAN network to download the wireless driver, or use another computer and save the driver to a <USB flash drive>.

(1) Visit --->>> Intel Wi-Fi Site

Download and install WiFi-22.170.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe driver

ub6424_0-1665686858849.png

(2Restart Windows

(3Test wireless connection and video playback

(4Please report your results

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if you're getting me, the choppy playback isn't limited to online videos, but there is also stuttering on offline media, don't know if a WiFi driver update will help, especially since I already use an Ethernet cable.

HP Recommended

Hello @Oscar_178 

Well, you did not write anything about the connection at the beginning. Therefore, I initially assumed that it is done via wireless connection, like most users online.

(1) Has the problem existed from the beginning?

(2) Have you made any major Windows updates or changes to the system configuration in the meantime?

(3) Are there any overheating problems ?

Kind regards

HP Recommended

That's true, I'm sorry I didn't clarify.

As for your questions:

1. I don't think this has happened from the beginning.

2. I've just updated the system to its last version, same thing with the NVIDIA and Intel graphics drivers.

3. High temperatures are only present while gaming, but I don't see any overheating problems while say, browsing, for example.

Thanks for your replies, Ub6424.

HP Recommended

Hello @Oscar_178 

(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

--->>> Perform < ALL > tests

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

I've tried most of the tests and all of them gave positive results, although it seems that calibrating the battery did the trick, since I don't see videos becoming choppy anymore, still, thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@Oscar_178 wrote:

I've tried most of the tests and all of them gave positive results, although it seems that calibrating the battery did the trick, since I don't see videos becoming choppy anymore, still, thanks for your help!

Hello @Oscar_178 

You're welcome !

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.