Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14a-na0037nb azerty
Chrome OS

I got my Chromebook HP Chromebook 14a-na0037nb yesterday. Like many others on this forum, my screen flickers black from time to time. I've noticed it happens more often while using Word. The last computer I ordered (HP Chromebook 14a-na0029nb Azerty) had the same issue amongst others. Which is why I send that one back. That's why I'm a little bit disappointed to see that this is a recurring problem. Anyone that can help me?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I still did not find a solution for the problem. Anyone that can help me?

HP Recommended

HI@Samalofo,Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?

please perform a hard reset of the Chromebook. Sometimes, this will remove these lines since you are resetting the hardware.

A hard reboot can resolve many Chromebook startup issues. Follow these steps to perform a hard reboot:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter. If the Chromebook features a removable battery, remove the battery.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

If you removed the battery, do not reconnect it at this time.

6. Turn on the computer.

If that doesn't help, then you should restore your Chromebook. This will reinstall Chrome OS which will eliminate the issue if it is a software conflict.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.