Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Correct USB Type-C to HDMI adapter for HP ENVY x360 - 13m-ag0001dx

HP ENVY x360 - 13m-ag0001dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'd like some help to determine the correct adapter to connect my Envy on my TV. I need to know my Type-C specs

The ports for this notebook are listed as the following at HP's site:

External ports
1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 2 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo

The issue is that this notebook doesn't have a HDMI 2.0 port, so I want to know if that's a mistake and HP meant that the Type-C port can output HDMI 2.0.

And in that case what adapter I need? I heard that some Envy notebooks require an adapter with DP Alt Mode since their Type-C port only output data in DisplayPort 1.4.

If my computer has HDMI 2.0 mode does that mean I can use a simple Type-C to HDMI port? Or anything that specifies Type-C to HDMI 2.0?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,536 81,429 10,161 21,836
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Electrolite_xyz 

No, you can't use USB-C to connect to a monitor using HDMI. Its existing HDMI 2.0 is good for a 4K monitor with a HDMI 2.0 cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer doesn't have an HDMI port.

That's why I am confused, I think what HP meant is that the USB-C port supports data in HDMI 2.0 mode.

But I still need to know what adapter would work for my computer

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation